Hovabator 1602N

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Pele, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Hi everyone,

I just bought the above model of incubator, and I wanted to see if anyone else has used this unit, and has any feedback about it.

I believe it qualifies as a dry air incubator (which would require 30 humidity for 18 days yes?).

Please let me know any tips/tricks for this unit. I am trying a very small first hatch in it.

2. GrannysRoost

GrannysRoost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    I just bought one for a hatcher, I have the 2602 for my bator. It does not have a fan and is considered still air, so different temp settings if incubating in it. Mine comes with the water wells and get a hygrometer to measure humidity. Depending on your location as to how dry you want to incubate.....

3. notinoz2007

notinoz2007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2011
    Phoenix Area
    being in the desert what humidity do you usually set and incubate at? also what brand of hygrometer do you prefer? i have been looking at amazon and reading reviews and i dont trust any of them anymore.

4. LegginMF12

LegginMF12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    I am currently in lock down with one right now. I have three pips as of today (day 19). The only issue I have has is my temps drop at night. But... we don't use the heater at night and it has been getting down to the high 30's at night. I kept my humidity at 35 % ( I am in the high desert). On day 15 my air cells looked small so I took all of the water out and ran it at 10% for a few days. This is my second attempt at incubating. My first attempt was a bust do to a bad thermometer. This time I set nine eggs and all nine eggs were actively moving at lock down. So it seems to be working good for me!

5. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    I got a used 1602n 2 weeks ago & added a PC fan to it & 1 of my turners & it has done super, Couldnt ask for anything to do any better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by