1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hovabator 1620n Questions

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BuckNBark Farm, Jan 25, 2013.

1. BuckNBark Farm

BuckNBark Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Trenton, GA
    Hi- sorry if these question have been answered alot- I've been searching the archives, didn't find them. I have a few... I already have mine put together, but want to make sure I have some things right..

1. Do you take the top off the incubator to add water? I thought it was bad to open it a lot (?)

2. You do take them out of turner and lay them on there side at lockdown, or do some people turn the egg turner off and leave them in there?

3. I put it together and did notice some wires that are capped off at the top. Directions didn't mention it - I found a pic on here with the wires coming out of the top (hope you don't mind if I use it for reference). Anyway, I don't have the wires out of the top. Thanks so much!

Pam Pittman

Here is the one with wires out of the top, mine doesn't...

[​IMG]

Thanks! Pam

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by