Hovabator 2363N

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by GAGE, Dec 5, 2010.

1. GAGE

GAGE Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    GA
    I picked up a used one a few nights ago, and both it and the egg turner seem to be working great. It is holding at 100 and I am waiting to see what the humidity is, (the hygrometer I bought from WM did not work, so I replaced it today). The unit is missing the two plugs (apparently used to somewhat control humidity) on top, I plan to call the company tomorrow and get them ordered but I also want to get in on the New Years Hatching. Are these really important, or could use tape until I get them?
    My second question is for lock down, should I add water to the other resevoir on the 17th, as well as take the eggs off the turner? I know you can not open it after the 17th, and the directions I copied online are not the best.

Thank you all AGAIN!

2. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    You need to keep water in the incubator the whole time. You can youse tape. I lost mine, and i have used tape for the last year.

3. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    I use a folded up pipe cleaner in one of the holes and it works just fine, so I don't see why tape wouldn't work. Also lockdown is actually on day 18, not 17.. As for water, yes, add in more on day 18 to raise your humidity... I always try to bump my humidity up to 70% for the hatch. Good luck with your hatches!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by