Hovabator Genesis Hatch, Feb-May! WITH CONTESTS!

I can't believe that March is drawing to an end soon. I can't wait till April... Hatching time!

That means BBS and project lav Ameraucanas, Wheaten Marans and assorted Silkies. Oh, and Blue/Lav Orps. Then I hope to get female BR chicks. Maybe more Delawares sometime this year. Two or three is not enough!

barnie.gif

Quote:
This is for all models. You can include the 1602 in this one. This isn't just for the 1588, it's for all of them.

Mrs. Mucket :

Fifelake, I didn't know about the veins being earlier! Maybe our blobs will have spots in a couple of days.

I'm sure our inexperience has a lot to do with it. I HOPE that is it and that we can some chicks out of our hatches!​

So far so good!! I woke up this morning to at least a dozen pips including 2 CrystalCreek Lavender Ameraucanas and 2 Iowa Blues! The room was full of the lovely sound of cheeping chickies. How am I supposed to get any work done today?

Quote:
Exciting! CRYSTALCREEK has so many people on here getting eggs from him/her (?). I sent him/her (?) a PM about the project lav eggs.

Quote:
Exciting! CRYSTALCREEK has so many people on here getting eggs from him/her (?). I sent him/her (?) a PM about the project lav eggs.

HER.
wink.png
You'll be able to add me to that list soon too. I have a batch of 100% black/lav split eggs coming from her next week, we are doing a trade and I'm sending her some of my lav eggs.
big_smile.png

Shelley, UT - Hovabator 1588 - Set eggs Feb 24th - Hatched Yesterday! I missed this back when it started, hope it's not too late! Barnyard RARE mix. BC Marans, Golden Cuckoo marans, Brahmas, Aracaunas, etc. Got 27 out of 36. I think my humidity was too high at the end.

189733_1700090060173_1175562101_31545430_2054653_n.jpg

190635_1699086955096_1175562101_31544055_4427611_n.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm sure our inexperience has a lot to do with it. I HOPE that is it and that we can some chicks out of our hatches!

OK tonight (day 9) I see 12 embryos, and most have veins showing too. Eleven are from Freedom Ranger hens that live with Freedom Ranger roo and the twelfth is a cross of FR roo with a RIR or BO hen. I have a broody sitting on two infertile eggs so I'll sneak the hatchlings under her in the dark of night.

Back
Top Bottom