Hovabator Genesis Hatch, Feb-May! WITH CONTESTS!

You guys are gonna love your 1588's. I have 2 now and I wouldn't trade them for anything (except maybe a sportsman).

Quote:
LOL I HAD a cabinet bator last year and had to sell it when I could no longer STAND the sound of chicks peeping!!
gig.gif
Of course, now I have three 1588's, 2 for incubating and 1 for hatching...not much difference! LOL

Quote:
LOL I HAD a cabinet bator last year and had to sell it when I could no longer STAND the sound of chicks peeping!!
gig.gif
Of course, now I have three 1588's, 2 for incubating and 1 for hatching...not much difference! LOL

I have 2 1588's for incubating and and LG for hatching. So yes, I understand what you mean.

Perchie, don't go with Trader Joe's- at least I wouldn't. If you're new to hatching and don't care about quality though, you can order hatching eggs from mypetchicken.com.
smile.png

Welcome to the thread, to all the new members. I will try to update this tonight, if not tomorrow. Thanks.

Last edited:
Quote:
I dont have any chicken eggs myself yet to give it a test run. I am only toying with the idea of TJ's but if I find some fertile eggs locally I will go with those. I had a bad experience with the very first time I tried. Combine a bad incubator with eggs I bought off ebay and no one to tell me what I was doing wrong. I sold the incubator and now know it wasnt a good one. I dont want to risk eggs that would have a pedigree, so I would go with some nice layers or mixed flock bantams. I just met some nice people here locally at a meetup they may have some eggs I could buy.... I will get something to start out with for sure.

Thanks for the advice.

perchie.girl :

Quote:
I dont have any chicken eggs myself yet to give it a test run. I am only toying with the idea of TJ's but if I find some fertile eggs locally I will go with those. I had a bad experience with the very first time I tried. Combine a bad incubator with eggs I bought off ebay and no one to tell me what I was doing wrong. I sold the incubator and now know it wasnt a good one. I dont want to risk eggs that would have a pedigree, so I would go with some nice layers or mixed flock bantams. I just met some nice people here locally at a meetup they may have some eggs I could buy.... I will get something to start out with for sure.

Thanks for the advice.

thumbsup.gif

Did anyone get the BYC newsletter? Did you see that this was the third thread under the interesting thread list thing?

Ray, what color Ameraucana?​

Quote:

Thanks for the advice.

thumbsup.gif

Did anyone get the BYC newsletter? Did you see that this was the third thread under the interesting thread list thing?

Ray, what color Ameraucana?

We have a blue one right now. However the eggs we are getting is from a mixed flock.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Ray, what color Ameraucana?

We have a blue one right now. However the eggs we are getting is from a mixed flock.

Ahh, my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom