hovabator Genisis 1588 Questions.

I take the plug out - it is better for the chicks to get more oxygen, especially as they hatch. I think other people have had issues with chicks dying while drying because there was not enough oxygen flow with the plug(s) in. I always take the plug out during hatching, even though this can mess around with your humidity a bit.

I removed the plug and for the last 15min it's still at 60% but the temperature is bouncing between 99.4-99.7 I guess thats normal? I'm so ready for them to hatch! I candled one egg right before I put them in lockdown and saw movement, but I haven't noticed any rocking. When do you normally see this?

That sounds good as far as temp and humidity to me! I personally have never seen rocking. The excitement starts when they pip and I hear cheeping!

Nothing but failure with my new Hova-bator. The one in the $90.00 price range. My last Hova-bator lasted at least 25 years with easy, successful results. I just posted a thread to see if others have had trouble too.

I would have never thought about the water bottles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's genius
thumbsup.gif

The first hatch with my new hovabator was magic. 90% hatch on shipped eggs from then on not good at all the temp will not hold I have almost but lost three batches. The last hatch the eggs were actually ice cold twice and the temp was reg. 100.2 on the gauge. I could not believe it. It is one yr. old If I use it again I will use it with a drop in thermometer. I found one that has an indoor out door type reader. I put one end of the wire inside through the air hole and the reader on the outside. That way maybe I can keep a close watch on it and use it. It perked along fine until the last wk. I lost 7 beautiful faverolle eggs that had developed to day 17 really well when the bator started acting up. I could not believe it. I got one chick. I think she is a female. I had heard how dependable they were now I am so disappointed.

My 25 year old hovabator was so easy put eggs in-get chicks out. When it finally died I got another one and it is terrible. I find it fluctuates by 5 degrees and I get few if any chicks. I was 1 day out of warrantee and they would not do anything for me. No more Hovabators for me.

Back
Top Bottom