Hovabator Temp issues.

macdoogle2

Songster
12 Years
Apr 3, 2011
San Diego
I have a new Hovabator 16002N with a fan. It's not an expensive bator but I figured it was a step up from my LG still air. Plus I wanted a second bator for hatching. Trouble is I cant get the temp up high enough. It's staying aroud 98 degrees. I keep turning the knob but the temp does not go up. I have 3 thermometers in there and they all read the same. Is this typical for this model? I'm ready to move my hatch back to the LG.

I have a new Hovabator 16002N with a fan. It's not an expensive bator but I figured it was a step up from my LG still air. Plus I wanted a second bator for hatching. Trouble is I cant get the temp up high enough. It's staying aroud 98 degrees. I keep turning the knob but the temp does not go up. I have 3 thermometers in there and they all read the same. Is this typical for this model? I'm ready to move my hatch back to the LG.

How long have you had it running? Are eggs in it? When you turn the knob is the thermostat cutting on and off?

I had this problem with mine. For the first few days it wouldn't go below 39 (celsius) and then for a few days after it wouldn't go above 34.
Here's what I did: turn it down as low as it can go and wait until it's cold. Then turn it up until the light turns on, leave it for 1-2 hours, turn it up till the light comes on, wait a few hours so on. until it gets to 37.something then leave it for a day to make sure it's stable.
The week before I was turning the it up and down and all over the place trying to get the right temp. It's fine now though, maybe it just needed the week warm up time
idunno.gif

Rember the 1602n uses a wafer thermostat. It operates differently than a regular thermometer. Make sure that you have water in it and give it a day to stabilize. The wafer is affected by barometric pressure. It takes about a full day to stabilize.

I have eggs in it right now. Moved them from the LG yesterday. Temp is 98. So I need to add water to Troff #1? When I turn the knob to increase the temp nothing happens. I re-started my LG. May move everything over again tomorrow. Yikes.

Back
Top Bottom