hovabator temp questions

TheBushidoWay

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2017
I thought I had read just about everything in regards to incubating before I got started. My issue is my hovabator 1602n temp ranges a good little bit. I was of the impression it would stay at one temp and now Ive resigned myself to just trying to keep it in a good range. Im doing turkeys so 99.7-100.9

I have my incubator in my dining room which is the central most point of the house. daytime temps seem a touch lower than night time. unit like I said is a hovabator 1602n forced air with 5 tray auto turner. I got the package off ebay with a incutherm thermometer/hygrometer and a glass thermometer. digital thermometer seems accurate against the glass one. house temp seems stable based on the thermostat about 6 feet away. Im not using ac right now and its always a comfy 82 everytime I look. Im doin 15 eggs and Im about 1 week in. also seems like Im fine tuning the thermostat about 4 times a day. and by fine I mean tiny little "scooches",mm movements.

thoughts?

Listen---99.7 to 100.9 is a great range----nothing wrong with that. My 1602n has a wafer thermostat and they are going to range a little. You are good! Being I am sure you got fan in it----you could bump it down a touch---say 99.5 to 100.5. but you will be fine.

Im beginning to hate this hovabator.
Just when I was feeling comfortable with it, I woke up this morning and for whatever reason, it was at 99.0
Ive since found out that barometric pressure and relative humidity can affect the wafer thermostat.

Im beginning to hate this hovabator.
Just when I was feeling comfortable with it, I woke up this morning and for whatever reason, it was at 99.0
Ive since found out that barometric pressure and relative humidity can affect the wafer thermostat.
They probably are effected?? I never had a problem---meaning with 9 to 10'000 hatched in my hatcher with a wafer thermostat----ever time I look through the glass- at the thermometer---it is setting dead on the temp and in over 3 years I have never had to re-adjust it. Winter/summer/fall/spring, rain or shine----always dead on it and my building is unheated/cooled---I just open the windows in the summer---close in the winter.

They probably are effected?? I never had a problem---meaning with 9 to 10'000 hatched in my hatcher with a wafer thermostat----ever time I look through the glass- at the thermometer---it is setting dead on the temp and in over 3 years I have never had to re-adjust it. Winter/summer/fall/spring, rain or shine----always dead on it and my building is unheated/cooled---I just open the windows in the summer---close in the winter.

maybe I got a bad one then cause this thing is driving me crazy. and I might as well be setting on the eggs myself, with all the time I spend looking at the thermometer (watching where it kicks on at)

maybe I got a bad one then cause this thing is driving me crazy. and I might as well be setting on the eggs myself, with all the time I spend looking at the thermometer (watching where it kicks on at)
If its kicking on and off in the range you posted above---you are good!! Now---example--- if it dropped to 95 and cut off at 103---that isn't going to work.

see the humidity Im not sweating, no pun. hygrometer says 40-50% and Im not really adding water. humidity outside is 95% Im pretty certain its a little less in the house. when it comes to getting the humidity up, I got that.

Back
Top Bottom