hovabator wafer switch

gapeachy

Songster
11 Years
Oct 21, 2008
Rome Ga
I got my hovabator 2362N today and put it together...I did not understand about the wafer switch....I turned it untill it clicked like it said...well I did not know how many complete turns to go back....I dont thin I went back enough...plugged it in and it would not get higher than 70 so I turn the switch back apart and put it back together and it did not clikc again....did I break it?...can anybody help with this question?

the screw is for adjusting the wafer... turning it like you are tightening thescrew will lower the temp, and "backing the screw out" will increase the temp... just keep playing with the screw, you will get better i promise... the "click" is the switch turning the bator off... so putting the wafer closer will require less thermal expansion to shut it off... having the wafer further will require more expansion (hence higher temp) to reach the shutoff switch.

Last edited:
the red light on top has not come on....I can hear the fan running....does the light come on when the temp gets 98.5?

the light will come on when the incubator is in heating mode... if it is off, and the incubator is satisfied with the temp, if you need the incubator warmer give the screw about 1/4 turn to the left (lefty loosy righty tighty)that should increase it a bit... let it run for an hour or two between small temp corrections so that you dont over correct...

Last edited:
The light just means the heater is running. If you turn it until it clicks off or on you are turning the heater off and on. The heater automatically comes on if the temp is too low and turns off if the temp is too high. What it reads as the correct temp though depends where you have it set. You can have your bator stay 90 if you want or 105 if you had a reason to. You just have to turn the knob until it clicks on if it's low or clicks off if it's too high. After you adjust it wait until it cycles on and off a couple times though before playing with it again. The heater will only run for so long before it takes a break even if it hasn't reached the temp it's set for so to know if it's going to hold the temp it's at you have to wait for it to come on and go off again and see if the thermometer still says the same thing.

OK I got my husband to fix the switch and the light is on also...keeps going off and i turn the switch and it clicks back on...temp in the 80's now....does this sound normal?

It can take days to get an incubator set on the right temp. Like I said the heater will turn off if it's run for too long so you have to wait. If you leave it alone sometimes it will end up in the 100s even if it was way too low a few hours ago. Adjust it as best you can waiting awhile after it clicks off before trying to raise it again and then leave it over night. See what it reads tomorrow and make small adjustments from there. I prefer to only adjust it hourly at first and then every 6-12hrs. It may take a few days to get it up there but it's less frustrating than turning it up only to have it go too high a few hours later or turning it down repeatedly only to find it too cold the next morning after it's lost heat all night. Also it can help to put bottles of hot water in there. An empty bator takes longer to adjust especially after opening and is less stable than one full of eggs or something else that holds heat.

Back
Top Bottom