1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hovabator - Where to buy?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by juliaaa, Aug 5, 2011.

1. juliaaa

juliaaa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Syracuse, New York
    So my AMAZING and ENABLING boyfriend told me if I came up with the money myself I could buy an incubator (I'm a SAHM) [​IMG]. Well I came up with a chunk of money and now I'm ready to get my very first one. I have been reading here on what to get and what not to get. I think I have decided to get a Hovabator. I plan on being able to use it often and don't want to have to mess too much with it. I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and get one that will last than just get one to have one.

Now that I've decided on the Hovabator I now have to figure out where to buy it from. I also wanted to know what else as far as accessories I should get with it. I see that some come with the following options: auto egg turner, thermostat/hygrometer, fan kit, and an egg candeler. What is necessary and what can I get elsewhere and spend a little less on?

Eventually as we progress developing the farm it would be used for more than just chicken eggs so I don't want to limit myself.

I'm willing to buy it online, but don't wanna spend a ton in shipping costs. I'd prefer to go to a store and buy it but don't know where to look. I went to TSC and all I saw was the Little Giants, maybe I looked in the wrong spot? (Probably not, I seriously spent almost 3 hours in there looking at everything making a "wish list" [​IMG] )

2. Orpygal

Orpygal Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Eastern Panhandle WV
  3. destin0709

destin0709 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Ohio
    I got my hova-bator 1588 at www.incubatorwarehouse.com. It was the combo kit for $177.00 with turner, candleing light, thermometer and a hydrometer/thermometer. You can also just purchase hova-bator without all the accessories.

4. juliaaa

juliaaa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Syracuse, New York
    Quote:What accessories would I actually NEED? Would it work without any of them?

5. destin0709

destin0709 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Ohio
    Yes you can use it without the accesorries. You will definitly want a thermometer/hygrometer so you know what your temperature/humidity is at. But the rest is your choice. I preferred to have the egg turner because I would never remember to turn eggs 3-4 times everyday. And the egg light candler so I could see how the egg was progressing. But that is up to you.

6. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by