How about a Thread for Embdens?

RURU she is from a local city park where she was being abused because she was trusting of humans (domesticated) and had injuries. Now she is off antibiotics and doing well~ but I don't know where to look for another goose. I will try the Grange as suggested and see what they suggest. Thanks all!

I am so glad you rescued her from that park!!!! People can be so cruel to the ducks and geese at ponds in parks!
Sure hope you find a pal for her they are much happier with a friend because they are flock birds....

Ya, thanks! I Am making some calls tomorrow to see about a friend for her.
Forgot to mention something adorable that I saw yesterday at the lake: two of the Embdens who always hang out together were diving into the water and coming up like a pair of seals! The were doing it over and over and just having a ball! So cute! I had never seen geese do this. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Ya, thanks! I Am making some calls tomorrow to see about a friend for her.
Forgot to mention something adorable that I saw yesterday at the lake: two of the Embdens who always hang out together were diving into the water and coming up like a pair of seals! The were doing it over and over and just having a ball! So cute! I had never seen geese do this. Has anyone else seen this behavior?
I hope you can find a friend for her. Never go to public parks where they have water fowl I get way to emotional about domestics being dumped and treated. Plus it's a pretty far piece to drive to one. But I have seen my Embden do some pretty amazing things in his pool. and sometimes when he and Missy are in it together can get some pretty good waves going with all the dunking and rolling they do.

What do you think about my getting something other than an Embden for her? (There is a beautiful little duck with a white ring around the neck, speckled black and white that someone dumped also at the lake recently. He is so lovely and eats out of my hand. I would love to take this little one home if it would be good company for Joey (my Embden Goose). Or should I only get an Embden to keep Joey company?

My gander lived only with Muscovy ducks for the first 6yrs of his life and loved his mama duck, I think it could work with a duck especially if finding another goose isn't working out,. Not to go against what psue says, But I do think geese and ducks can form bonds if that's all they have.

What do you think about my getting something other than an Embden for her? (There is a beautiful little duck with a white ring around the neck, speckled black and white that someone dumped also at the lake recently. He is so lovely and eats out of my hand. I would love to take this little one home if it would be good company for Joey (my Embden Goose). Or should I only get an Embden to keep Joey company?
Try it, and if it´s not what he/she wants, you´ll soon find out. Then you can get another goose and another duck!!!!
lol.png
Just an observation, but that photo of her with the ribbon looks very like a gander stance (not that I have emdens to know anything!)....are emden geese inclined to arch their necks so much?

Try it, and if it´s not what he/she wants, you´ll soon find out. Then you can get another goose and another duck!!!!
lol.png
Just an observation, but that photo of her with the ribbon looks very like a gander stance (not that I have emdens to know anything!)....are emden geese inclined to arch their necks so much?
Here's mine what do you think? arched neck?

Back
Top Bottom