How about a Thread for Embdens?

Yes, that's what I am afraid of~he trusts humans and there are still some at this park who don't get it......abusive toward the wildlife. (It seems to be improved though.) How do you suggest I get him to bring him home here? He is a cutie! Lots of personality, and such a charmer....Maybe he and Joey would enjoy the company!
Your positive it's a drake? Never had any of my Scovy drakes go after my goose but my gander use to mate with the Muscovy ducks. and they were fine with it.

Miss lydia hes gaining his weight back so thats releaving and i was wondering do geese like flour ?!?
I doubt they would eat flour way to fine it may cause blockage in their crop. I am happy to hear he is gaining his weight back I know you are relieved. I know wheat would be oaky to feed along with other grains, but not ground into flour.

Yea oats are pretty much everywhere my geese prefer flaked maize over oats and barley
My gander will step on and walk over anything in his way to get a handful of whole dried corn.
roll.png

Hahaha yea they love it but this year in spring i fed my geese chicken layers pellets and they ate the whole lot but there still was a bit left over and after they drank 2 hours later every single one was slow and thier necks down and bulgy keel and i still have no idea what it was until the next day i fed them the same food and none even toached it so now none of the breeding pairs i gave the pellets to never toach it and i then gave em barley and they start eatting and bread they started eatting and not the chicken layer pellets! But what i want to know is what happened to then when they filled themselves up with the pettets?!?!?!

Yea oats are pretty much everywhere my geese prefer flaked maize over oats and barley
Oats will have better nutrients than corn, but corn is a good food in the colder weather. Just use the corn, then. Mine just have a little corn every day, whatever the season. They love it, too.

Do an experiment...get some chicken pellets and add some water to it and see what happens....then imagine a lot of that in goose´s aesophagus! Swallow hard!!!
lol.png

Mine like a little growers´pellets, just a little, like a treat...if I want to get them to go somewhere, I just put a little in their pot and they´ll follow....more than with the corn...but they have just a little bit.
Lettuce works even better, though!

Ah ok so thanks for the info .At the moment the weather here is rain none stop and its fun for the geese but two of my geese look like they are cold coz they are shaking and the feathers are extremly wet so ive no idea wa to do so i thought of locking the two in the shed for a few day with straw so they will start to dry ?!?!

Back
Top Bottom