How about a Thread for Embdens?

Here's my big guys . Marshmallow Marilyn and Marian . 1 yr. old getting ready to set the eggs can't wait . Hope it works. This is going to be my first time with geese any suggestions. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Your goosies are so beautiful! So happy for you. Makes me wish I knew my Francie when she was a young girl! Francie likes nice tender lettuce (no iceberg) and just about all veggies and fruits. She especially likes juicy melons like cantaloupe. I feed her Mazuri waterfowl maintenance also. Not sure of any other feeds, but I'm sure there are many good ones out there. I also give brewers yeast for niacin. There are lots of good books available about geese. I have one by Chris Ashton that's been helpful. Also, you can't get better advice than on this website with all the caring goose people. Best wishes.

I just love my geese right now he is a big meanie the big watch dog of the eggs . I expected it. I can't wait till the little ones arrive.
I grow chicory for them and I swear they say Chicory, chicory, all the time .And they actually go to the gate where I grow it at and look in there for it. Oats is their fav. when it comes to food and they love cat food must be the fish in it always sneaking it out of the cat dish. apples and squash too. I chop it real fine for them. as for the cat food I don't know if it will hurt them so they get scolded for that one.

Our youngest catching up on tomorrows weather.

Hello! I am a first time incubator and I have 12 Embden eggs!! I have 2 batches as I couldn't fit all of them in the incubator I had bought, so I was told to put the eggs that didn't fit into the fridge until the new incubator arrives. So, my first incubator, that has 6 Embdens and 1 Peking egg is currently on day 8. My 2nd incubator with 5 Embdens is on day 4. In the first incubator, I know for sure 2 goose eggs are fertile and growing, in the 3rd one, I see a few random dark veins, and nothing else, I think it died. The other 3 I see nothing and the yolk doesn't even move when I rotate them. I was told to wait until day 11 before throwing them away, just in case, but it stinks in there!

My question is this... what day do I stop rotating these eggs? Day 26? Please help, I'm a complete newb and I don't want to screw this up!

Thanks!

Hello! I am a first time incubator and I have 12 Embden eggs!! I have 2 batches as I couldn't fit all of them in the incubator I had bought, so I was told to put the eggs that didn't fit into the fridge until the new incubator arrives. So, my first incubator, that has 6 Embdens and 1 Peking egg is currently on day 8. My 2nd incubator with 5 Embdens is on day 4. In the first incubator, I know for sure 2 goose eggs are fertile and growing, in the 3rd one, I see a few random dark veins, and nothing else, I think it died. The other 3 I see nothing and the yolk doesn't even move when I rotate them. I was told to wait until day 11 before throwing them away, just in case, but it stinks in there!

My question is this... what day do I stop rotating these eggs? Day 26? Please help, I'm a complete newb and I don't want to screw this up!

Thanks!
Go to the incubation and hatching guide and it will help you with the incubation method....

Back
Top Bottom