How about a Thread for Embdens?

I'm sorry I meant 3 ganders one is a trio the others r paired
You've a nice group there please share pics of them all soon, it gets rather dead here on the goose thread.
hmm.png

Missy my oldest female 3.5 yrs

Buff female [Toots]1.5yrs gander behind her same age and my Embden papa gander at going on 9yrs old.

Gander [Babe]

Sam my Embden who is always in protective mode.

Last edited:
Here's an update on my mom and her babies. 14 of the eggs hatched. They all hatched at different times. And don't have a single gosling to show for it. I am so frustrated. But mom still has 2 eggs left under her. This was a big disappointment and a big let down for me. Does anyone know what could have happened ?

So as of tonight I will be putting eggs in the incubator. If anyone has any advice for this will be my first hatch of goose eggs in a bator myself. ?

Here's an update on my mom and her babies. 14 of the eggs hatched. They all hatched at different times. And don't have a single gosling to show for it. I am so frustrated. But mom still has 2 eggs left under her. This was a big disappointment and a big let down for me. Does anyone know what could have happened ?
@JLfarm I'm so sorry you lost them. she may have just been over whelmed with gosling hatching at different times staggered hatches really aren't so good.What were your temps, goslings can chill pretty fast too. If you finish these eggs off in the incubator I'd brood them inside and wait till warm weather to give them to the parents. Spring is really the best time for goslings.

Here is the goose hatcher's bible https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom