How about a Thread for Embdens?

Got the call from the Post Office just after 11:00 this morning - they're here (a full day early)!!! Heading to the Post Office now to pick them up. Kind of throws off my plans for the day, but so be it. Here we go........
thumbsup.gif
pop.gif

thumbsup.gif

I know most folks think of Embdens as just a good goose for

meat since its solid white and of good flesh but those of us that keep them for pets see something different. My Embden gander is 51/2 yrs old hatched here by a Muscovy duck he is just such a good all round member of this flock, this past summer did an awesome job of helping raise the Scovie ducklings that hatched here, we called him Papa Goose. he actually was more loving and caring than the mothers of the duckling. If you have Embdens and want to talk about them and of course pics well heres your chance. This is my guy.
His name is Samson, but we call him Sammy

200x200px-ZC-2eeb27bb_May18th2012Ruthisducklingsmeetstheworld015.jpeg
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the best geese I ever had was Joshua, an Embden. I think it is a great idea. I am planning to get a few again. I really like them.

January
hugs.gif

I got my babies on Friday. 3 embdens, turns out 2 boys and 1 girl. So I'm on the lookout for girls. Anyway here's some baby pics!

Back
Top Bottom