How about a Thread for Embdens?

My poultry give me so much pleasure and help me relax and enjoy life. I had to give up all my animals about 35 years ago and spent all that time trapped in an office or travelling and teaching. Now that I have retired I have immersed myself in poultry, with goats to follow if everything goes to plan. And there's a horse, too
big_smile.png

Buster the gander thinks he hates me and greets me with hisses. He was running feral in a large flock when I bought him and his lady friend. Then hiss hisses turn to little honks and softer noises and his tail wags like mad. I'll be keeping a wary eye on him as breeding season approaches. The Pekins are also not very friendly as I bought them out of a poor situation a year ago. They get excited to see me but keep their distance.

The muscovies on the other hand are such shameless beggers! I either got them at 3 days old or they hatched here and were raised in the house for a while.

Here's Lily the brahma bantam when she was "special" because she was so much smaller than her hatch mates. We watched TV together at night. Now she lives with the bantam flock and gives me dirty looks because she has to live with chickens. Oh, the horror!

Adorable! You have a menagerie there! I love this pic.

Hi all;

The crazy season has started in the UK as well. Currently nine eggs in a Brinsea incubator , quite succesful last year (First year) will be checking on Sunday to see if set and 16 in a nest in the shed, but the ladies are reluctant to sit at the mo. Plus at least three are using the same nest for laying. Will keep all updated.

Paul T

Hi all;

The crazy season has started in the UK as well. Currently nine eggs in a Brinsea incubator , quite succesful last year (First year) will be checking on Sunday to see if set and 16 in a nest in the shed, but the ladies are reluctant to sit at the mo. Plus at least three are using the same nest for laying. Will keep all updated.

Paul T
You said it " Crazy Season" but it's also fun too, I hope you get some goslings this year keep us updated on progress.

Back
Top Bottom