How about FAVORITE horror movies?!?

ducks4you

Songster
11 Years
Jan 20, 2009
East Central Illinois
I'm not a horror movie person, but there are a few that I have liked over the years, because they weren't slasher dismemberment bloody gorey pieces. My two favorites are:
"Phantasm" (1979)
That ball following the main character around was creepy, even though it looks a little dated.
"The Sixth Sense" (1999)
I ruined it for a bunch of people in the theater by crying out, "No one survives a gut shot!" I still enjoy viewing it.
How about you?
pop.gif

I was wondering what all the fuss was about with the SAW movies, so luckily my brother had all of them but #5. So i watched them all, and the only thing I could think of was that all they are doing is giving people ideas on how to torture people....Not that we don't know already, the crazy's are out there, but still! Anyway, I thought they were put together nicely def. kept you in suspence!!

I also like the Sixth Sense too!
wink.png

"28 Days Later," and less so "28 Weeks Later." They say there's a "28 Months Later" in the works which supposedly -- last I heard, anyway -- brings back director Danny Boyle...

wee.gif

I like zombie movies...what can I say? Even the campy ones like "Sean of the Dead," "Braindead" (early Peter Jackson) are great, IMHO..

Ooooh, and "Cemetery Man"....If you like zombie flicks and you haven't seen "Cemetery Man" -- you must. It's fantastic. Romero-style zombies being controlled by a grounds keeper with....more important things to think about, let's put it that way.

Stephen King's "Pet Sematary" freaked me WAY out as a youngster, too..
hide.gif

Another good one from the dusty corner of the video store..."May." It's just called "May" and has Jeremy Sisto (new guy on one of the Law & Order franchises) and Anna Faris (from 'The Housebunny,' and not much else).. "May" is a quite a creepfest...A+ in my book.

Another one I just thought of.. "High Tension" - it's foreign, but well-dubbed. It's good...lots of suspense and blood and gore and whatnot..
big_smile.png

I don't love this genre, but I like "The Thing." DH and I just watched "The Mist" and I have never hated a villain like I hated that preacher woman! Both good flicks.

"Vacancy" -- Kate Beckinsale, Luke Wilson... Very suspenseful and extremely creepy..

"The Strangers" -- Arwyn, er, I mean Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman. A must-see if you live out in the sticks. (My vote for the most innocuous looking creepy line one can put to text -- "Is Tamara home?" eeeek
hide.gif
)

I like the ORIGINAL Halloween, and Friday the 13th. Not the sequels, just the first ones.
I also like the first Child's Play movie, and the first Nightmare on Elm St. Carrie is another good one (not the remake), Stephen King's IT, (The book is the best), and The Shining is a great one too.
For great classics you can't beat The Birds and Psycho (again, not the remake)

Back
Top Bottom