How (and why) raise pigeons

Quote:
Not all pigeons are flying breeds. There are show types that never go out, and some that cant even get off the ground. There are actually probably more different breeds of pigeons than there are of chickens.

Can I keep a pair of pigeons in the chicken yard with my bantam hens? We have lots of room. Would I have to have separate housing?

Thanks!

Peigi

Quote:
If it is inclosed and they have an area to get out of the weather, with their own perches, they should be fine. Separate housing is best, but sometimes there isn't much option depending on the person. It's also good to have different food/water dishes just in case some of your chickens get a little grouchy over their food
lol.png

Our pigeons stay in the coop with our chickens. We made them Thierry own nesting boxes and perches in the loft of our coop if 50 chickens. They come and go as they please and communicate with the chickens when they see "big birds" in the sky. We keep ours in an open top run. The pigeons fly around and stay on top of the chicken coup and perch on Their T-posts and watch over everything. They are beautiful to watch.
The picture is from my birds enjoying some treats together...

Back
Top Bottom