1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How are you going to spend Easter?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by reveriereptile, Apr 2, 2009.

1. reveriereptile

reveriereptile Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    I'm flying down to IL since my B-Day is on Easter this year and I haven't seen my family in a while. I'm going to watch my niece Easter egg hunt. I haven't seen her in 1 1/2 years. Will be nice to see her. I'm taking my camera with me so hopefully I can get some pictures of her.

2. Up-the-Creek

Up-the-Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    DH and I are taking the kids and we are going FISHING! Cannot wait! We haven't made up our mind where, but I want to go trout fishing! Anyday is a good day with a fishing pole in hand. [​IMG]
    My birthday is on Easter this year too!!! COOL![​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  3. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    We are having a HUGE easter sunday dinner with family. Then are EVERY year HUGE easter egg hunt with all the kids in the family. It's a hoot! We have so much fun! Then to end we go to our church I have went to since I was a baby! My girls love dressing in their beautiful easter dresses and clapping their hands at church to the music!

4. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    sunday school were we are giving out easter baskets to the kids and then home for a BIG Easter dinner that I am fixing.
    Ham
    potatoes
    asparagus
    rolls
    mac& cheese

and last but not least
    STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE!!!
    oh can't forget deviled eggs made from easter eggs that we dyed the night before

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

The evening before I make Resurrection cookies with my nephews and go through different scripture and they are made. If you don't about this activity, google it - it is really a great lesson for kids and a really good reminder for us adults what the day is really all about.

Sunday morning, my nephews parent (my brother and wife) take the cookies out and go through the story of the Ressurection with the kids. Each of spend our days with family, eating too much and having fun!

6. lil'chickies

lil'chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    West Texas
    Probably church, eggs, family, and friends. Best way to spend a day!! Praying for nice, non-windy weather to enjoy!! I'm going to google the Resurection cookies. So often the true meanings of holidays is forgotten these days. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter are all misinterpreted with the help of marketing. Great idea debiraymond.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

8. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Work on the garden and coop if the weather is good [​IMG] , if it is bad, we will probably brew some beer and make some soap! [​IMG] Either way, it is all good! [​IMG]

9. addiedunn

addiedunn Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Quote:I'm chuckling at the words you left out. No grammar police here, just tickled because you really do type faster than you think, don't you? [​IMG]

10. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    I'll be in Florida with my MIL and SIL! Nice change from all this ice and snow. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by