How are your chicks in this SNOW!?

ladychicken&Ducklover :

Oh my, I've been so paranoid about my polish!

He doesn't mind the snow that much anymore , and stays out in the rain if he wants.

I've insulated their coop and have heat lamps in there with a thermometer so I can watch and make sure it doesn't drop below 35 .

They have a coop within a coop where all of them climb up into the nest box area which is closed except for a small entry and exit hole.

They snuggle up back in it, so I think that will help.

So far it's been steady at 42, but the days of below 0, are coming!!

I don't know what more to do.

DD

They will deal well with bellow 35. When it gets to -15 Celsius I start to worry. They all seem fine though
tongue.png

Haha! I should upload a picture of the horses in the field. We got ALOT of snow here...maybe more then you aoxa? How much did you guys get there? We got just over a foot! Its chilly here too! They're not sure if they like the snow or not yet. My silkie went out to do some pecking about at the scraps I threw outside but then jumped back up into the barn. I kept them in yesterday and the day before. I guess there's 2 cracks in the wall enough for snow to come in and they had a little snow bank going across the nesting boxes HAHAHAHAHA! My poor birds....they're so rugged :p My guineas....not liking the snow at ALL!

Back
Top Bottom