How bad is the H1N1?

Chicken Girl

Songster
11 Years
Dec 31, 2008
Wisconsin
How bad is it? have you had it? Is it just like a chest cold? We have a lot of littles in are house. How well do the lil people go through it?

Chicken Girl

Everything I have read on says that its not as bad as the regular flu, the people who do die from it have underlying conditions, and more people die from the regular flu than the swine flu. My 11 year old granddaughter just had a nose swab today to get tested, as she has the chest thing going on. No results yet.

We need to take antioxidants, research taking D-3, because its wonderful supposidely for getting us through any kind of flu, lots of Vit. C and fluids. I take all of it, and so far so good, and so does my 9 year old. So far so good for him too, and there have been several kids in his class who have went down with the sore throat thing last week.

there are a few members who have had it, or their s/o had it.. hope they see this...

I haven't got it but some of my friends have. Now they are giving the vaccines at schools!!! The vaccines are coming to my school in a couple weeks.

Just had it.

I knew I was sick, but it wasn't obvious. It wasn't nearly as bad as the regular flu if you ask me.

My problem is that this flu is more focused on attacking your respiratory system. It inflamed my reactive airway disorder which gave me bronchitis.
sad.png

Even with all this, I was only out for half a week.

Can someone tell me how the vaccine works? I know there is no needle and they stick it up the nose. How exactly does the vaccine work?

Last edited:
We're finally getting vaccines here. 1000 shots, and 800 Flu Mist. Flu Mist is the live vaccine. If one of my kids gets the live vaccine, does he then pass on that virus to those around him??????

I dont know about the Vacc. We are not geting it anyway. I have a lil 2 year old sis that had RSV 2 weeks after she was born. Now she is on her 2nd cold in the past month! She was very sick after she was born. We CAN NOT go though that agen.

Chicken Girl

If you check out the symptoms of the swine flu and every other flu they are exactly the same. All through history there have been bird human and swine flu. Throughout history they have all mutated to effect other species between the species that can get the flu. This particular strain of swine flu has not killed an ordinarily large amount of people instead it has been quite the opposite. The only reason they are hyping the bird and swine flu up so much is propaganda because they want us to be nonresistant to the future implementation of NAIS.

Last edited:
H1N1 will get you if....

old age doesn't
you get hit by lightning
you get run over by a bus or taxi cab
A wild animal or pit bull tears you to pieces

etc etc etc. Every year the CDC and the news media has to have some big scare. MJ and the ballon boy only carry so far.

Make a pot of chicken soup and don't watch the news

Steve in NC

Back
Top Bottom