How best to sell hatching Mountain Quail eggs? (Newbie, lots of Q's)

Quote:

Great advise , would like to add will real high dollars eggs, egg no older than 3 days at shipping time, wouldn't ship after Wednesday, or days with temps in the 90s on either end.

Quote:
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF EGG SALES
smile.png

Quote:
Thats the thing, good seller will only ship eggs that are fresh. Better to set those older than 3 days. (no incubator , get small bantam game hen broody great mothers).

put your location on here , heck maybe a member on here ,that would pick them up.........eggs are good for 10 day easy,s but 3 pull shipping time should get buyer's eggs to them still being less than 7 days.

Good luck ,

Thats the thing, good seller will only ship eggs that are fresh. Better to set those older than 3 days. (no incubator , get small bantam game hen broody great mothers).

put your location on here , heck maybe a member on here ,that would pick them up.........eggs are good for 10 day easy,s but 3 pull shipping time should get buyer's eggs to them still being less than 7 days.

I'm in Maine and didn't think of advertising them in local publications, classifieds etc but that would definitely make things easier if there was local interest so things wouldn't be so time-sensitive and the shipping factor could be eliminated, so I'll have to try that out. For online sales, is there any reason why USPS Priority Mail is the method most people seem to ship their eggs with? Or, more importantly, is there a reason why overnight or 2-day air wouldn't work? (Other than the added cost)

Great advise , would like to add will real high dollars eggs, egg no older than 3 days at shipping time, wouldn't ship after Wednesday, or days with temps in the 90s on either end.

I'm all set temperature wise on my end; the temps have been in the 40s and 50s all week and right now the highest temperature in the 10-day forecast is 63. It might be tricky if the buyer lived in Death Valley or some place similar, though...​

why USPS Priority Mail is the method most people seem to ship their eggs with

FASTEST, MOST ECONOMICAL, BEST RELIABILITY (
hide.gif
.... YEAH I KNOW, BUT OVERALL THEY ARE THE BEST AT IT)​

Quote:
FASTEST, MOST ECONOMICAL, BEST RELIABILITY (
hide.gif
.... YEAH I KNOW, BUT OVERALL THEY ARE THE BEST AT IT)

Agree 100 %

Back
Top Bottom