How big is your 'Duck Coop'?

I have four ducks, that live with 4 chickens in an 8x8 coop, the chickens arent huge fans of the ducks. They are VERY messy with water, then they make the coop dirty, then I need to clean it out, and I could go on and on.
rant.gif

I am a newbie duck owner of 5 Khaki Campbell females. I first kept them in a Little Tikes sandbox in the house and they have recently moved outside.

My fancy duck house is a Little Tikes Playhouse that they NEVER go inside! For a quick pen we circled that house with what I call horse fencing. The space is roughly 10 x 10 with the house in the middle. If you go to my website you can see it there. My husband is now building a pen out of PVC that will attach to the house and can be moved around the yard. I can't wait! Once they are used to their house and they are just a little larger (so they don't squish thru my chain link fence) then I will let them free range my yard. Get ducks and have fun!! They make life happy
thumbsup.gif

I have a dog house mine went into when he was small but now he won't go in it. He just stays outside but if it gets bad weather he will get under my Quail pen. I let him out during the day and when I tell him to go in his fence he normally does just like a dog would.

My 4 ducks and 1 goose live in a 3x4 shed, about 4 feet high (shed roof), which seems a bit tight, i know, but they are wild roamers all the time during the daylight. At night, they keep each other warm, even through the vermont winter, below -17 degrees for like a week at a time....

Back
Top Bottom