How can I find....

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by dragonfly1113, Dec 16, 2008.

1. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Egg

Dec 16, 2008
    KY
    How can I find buff laced wyandottes? I cant find them on the hatcheries websites. Do you have to mix two different ones to get the buffs? I am lost on this. I hope someone can explain it to me.
    Susie

2. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Look on Feathersite. They have nice pictures & a list of breeders & clubs that can point you in the right direction.

3. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    I don't beleive that that is a color in wyanedotes.

4. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    The buff laced Wyandottes shown on Feathersite are listed as being from Denmark -- the color may not be available elsewhere, or wasn't popular enough to catch on with the hatcheries.

5. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Hey, Dragonfly! I'm trying to mix buff orps and wyandottes to get a buff laced wyandotte type. The first round hatched out a week ago. Stay tuned and we'll see what we get!
    I've got pics up on my blog if you want to follow their progress. Right now the chicks are looking buff laced, but you never know what happens as they feather out.
    (If it works, I'm just outside of Nashville. I'm not sure where you are in KY, but Nashville is less than an hour of the border.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by