how can i get my chickens to start back laying ?

donnag35044

Hatching
8 Years
Jan 14, 2012
hi I'm new here my name is Donna i'm from Alabama i really could use some advice here i'm confused as to why out of 25 hens and 4 roosters i havent had a single egg since summer i wormed them in the spring to be sure i wouldnt have any problems concerning worms when they started back laying in the spring they get fresh water daily and i put liquid vitamins in it to make sure they're getting plenty of nutrients appatite is great they act normal but none of them are laying
sad.png
i'm so confused right now cause i've never had this problem till now they molted 2 months ago all new feathers now and i'm feeding them all the 16% egg layer they can eat stool is normal (not runny) hay in nesting boxes they are walking around singing but not laying i've even been watching closely to see if any hens even get on the nest but none of them do and roosters are doing their jobs . what can i do to get them to start back laying????
by the way hens range from 5 yrs - 15 months old and none of then are new layers
barnie.gif

pen #1 is a 17 ft by 20 ft pen i have 9 hens and 1 rooster in it (rhode island reds) with small coop and 4 nesting boxes

pen #2 is 10 ft by 20 ft 1 rooster and 8 hens (barred rock dominecker )

pen #3 is 10ft by 10 ft it has 1 golden seabright mixed rooster and 4 seabright mixed hens

pen #4 is also 10 ft by 10 ft pen with 1 full blooded golden seabright rooster and 2 full blooded golden seabright hens and 2 japanese bantams

i wish it were a case of someone stealing eggs but i know it aint cause i check morning and evening and i'm always home if i aint here my huband is and yes it is very frustrating cause were spioled to fresh layed eggs and now i'm having to buy storebought eggs its really depressed me i've cleaned nesting boxes wormed them giving them all the egg layer they can eat ive even changed brand of laying pellets

Put a light out for them for at least 14 hours a day. 6 am to 8 or 9pm. You will get eggs in a week or so.

hi I'm new here my name is Donna i'm from Alabama i really could use some advice here i'm confused as to why out of 25 hens and 4 roosters i havent had a single egg since summer i wormed them in the spring to be sure i wouldnt have any problems concerning worms when they started back laying in the spring they get fresh water daily and i put liquid vitamins in it to make sure they're getting plenty of nutrients appatite is great they act normal but none of them are laying
sad.png
i'm so confused right now cause i've never had this problem till now they molted 2 months ago all new feathers now and i'm feeding them all the 16% egg layer they can eat stool is normal (not runny) hay in nesting boxes they are walking around singing but not laying i've even been watching closely to see if any hens even get on the nest but none of them do and roosters are doing their jobs . what can i do to get them to start back laying????
by the way hens range from 5 yrs - 15 months old and none of then are new layers
barnie.gif

pen #1 is a 17 ft by 20 ft pen i have 9 hens and 1 rooster in it (rhode island reds) with small coop and 4 nesting boxes

pen #2 is 10 ft by 20 ft 1 rooster and 8 hens (barred rock dominecker )

pen #3 is 10ft by 10 ft it has 1 golden seabright mixed rooster and 4 seabright mixed hens

pen #4 is also 10 ft by 10 ft pen with 1 full blooded golden seabright rooster and 2 full blooded golden seabright hens and 2 japanese bantams

Back
Top Bottom