How Can I Get Rid Of Roaches?

Thank you , I think we have to many to catch them in jars. We could catch some, but our problem is so over welming, we need to get rid of them faster.. Like right now.. Roaches be gone.. I will try jars and see what happens. I might be very surprised. Thanks

You might try dusting the areas you can't reach with food grade diatomaceous earth. They make applicators for dusting, so it will settle in voids an crevices. I add this to my girls food at least every three or four months to keep them from getting worms, so it's safe to dust this all over the coop, or all over the chickens, as ot kills lice, and keeps the coop and litter dry. I dust it in all the nesting boxes when I change the hay. and even use this in my house. Just keep small children away when you're dusting (it can be irritating), and be careful not to breath it in for the same reason.

We tried food grade dietimeuis earth. We put it around the outside of our house and all over the grass. It didn't work very well. I think it gets damp at night and then looses its ability to stop roaches.. Someone said use Sevin dust.. I'm afraid we would hurt our chickens. Does anyone know anything about Sevin dust and chickens.. Will it hurt them? Will will Sevin dust kill roaches. Help

If u cook bacon put the bacon oil in a container & leave it where the roaches are u will see tons of roaches in the next morning not to mention those b-52 bomber ones too!!! Something about the smell that attracts them! Good Luck!!!!

In my case i use roach motels and some advices from stoppestinfo. Yeah they are work, but they are have not a 100% chance to trap them. So better to use any spray i think or repeller as well.

OK, what is DE?
I'm having the same problem with the roaches............and spiders. Just killed a huge black widow in my coop.
sue
Diatomaceous Earth. You can buy it online, but make sure it is the white “food grade” kind so it won’t harm your chickens if they eat it. It is great for all kinds of bugs, anything with an exoskeleton

I have an infestation of german roaches in the coops. They nest behind the highest boards where neither I nor the chickens can reach them. At night they come out by the hundreds, but the silkies have all bedded down for the night and they won't go chase and eat them. They'll eat them in the daytime if they can catch them, but most don't come out in the daylight. I have sevin dust in the coops but that doesn't faze them.

What can I use to kill the roaches that won't harm the silkies?

If the roaches eat poison, will it make the chickens sick if they eat them?

I don't know what to do and am at wit's end. They're coming into my house now too, around the sliding glass door and baseboards on the outside wall nearest the coops. I can't use any aerosol spray because of my birds delicate respiratory systems (I have finches, eclectus and 3 cockatoos indoors. The silkie chickens are outdoors in coops on my deck.)

The pest control company said they have a gel they use for bait all over the house. It makes the roaches eat each other (YEA!) Does anyone know what this chemical is and does it put my parrots or chickens at risk? The pest control folks don't know 'diddly-squat' about birds and what might harm them.

Can anyone help me with a 'safe' treatment for these invaders?

Sandi
Featherbaby
I'd stay with the proven safe Diatomaceous Earth. Cockroaches have the exoskeleton s like ants do. The DE sticks to them and dehydrates them and they die. Same thing as boric acid. Just make sure it is food grade, and your chickens and other pets will be safe.

Back
Top Bottom