How can I introduce my duckling with my other ducklings?

Calebtoro

In the Brooder
May 11, 2020
I rescued a dying duckling the other day and I also have 4 other ducklings which I incubated and hatched out. They’re about 2.5 weeks old. The rescued duckling I estimate to be about 3 days old and I tried to introduce it to my other ducklings right away but the all came and started attacking it and jabbing its little head :( I really want them to like each other but I don’t know how to make them friends :( ¿

Make a separation so the 3 day old will be safe but they can all see each other then give the young one more time to get its strength up and legs steady then try again maybe by putting one at a time on the 3 day olds side and see how one at a time they reacts to it but give it a few more days before you try. I used a scrap piece of hardware cloth wrapped the edges in gorilla tape and used it fro a separation screen last year when I had 2 week olds and newly hatched worked great.

Make a separation so the 3 day old will be safe but they can all see each other then give the young one more time to get its strength up and legs steady then try again maybe by putting one at a time on the 3 day olds side and see how one at a time they reacts to it but give it a few more days before you try. I used a scrap piece of hardware cloth wrapped the edges in gorilla tape and used it fro a separation screen last year when I had 2 week olds and newly hatched worked great.
Thanks I will try that.

Back
Top Bottom