How can I keep my chickens cool?

Chooky_chick

Hatching
11 Years
Oct 27, 2008
The Australian summer is nearly here, and it's already in the mid 30's outside. How can I keep my chickens cool during the summer? I have 6 Australorps, who are only 12 weeks old. Please help me and my girls!

Mid 30's I am assuming is celsius??? Looked funny when I read it. In our hen house we have a fan set up to go off at a certain temp and that helps alot for the poor girls. It was 90 here today and that is too hot for those girls.

Fans, misters and cool treats like watermelon and cold yogurt. Also, I added poultry electrolytes to their water when our temps. reached 100 degrees farenheit. It really seemed to perk them up.

:DThanks guys...yeah I meant celcius, which is about 100 degrees in F. I'll try and set up some sprinklers tomorrow and see how they like it...plus I'll freeze a few grapes to feed them.

We have a fan and we freeze 2 liter soda bottles. We just throw a few frozen bottles out when it is starting to get hot and they love to sit on them.

I was thinking get them all some snazzy looking shades and they will be cool
cool.png

I come from the CAPITOL of HOT.

Fans... coop IN THE SHADE (Always) and then I would put ice in their waterer any day the temps were over 110. they loved that.

Back
Top Bottom