How can I make my hens go broody??!

Thank you so much. I've got golf balls in there. All I can do now is just give her time and see what happens. I have 2 Silkie pullets as well. Maybe I'll see some broodiness in the future from one of them lol

My silkies are actually really good layers when they aren't broody. About 5 eggs a week each. Between being young, the short cold months and moving to a new environment it's probably thrown her out of wack. Give her some time, she'll cone around.

Also, if she went broody before you got her and she was "kicked off the nest" ( like, if moving to your place interrupted her) then it could still be quite a few weeks before she lays. I have a hen that can break cycle and start laying 2 weeks later. I have a hen that just stated laying last week again after hatching eggs back in nov. Each hen is different. I know it's hard to be patient, but it sounds like shes showing signs that she may start laying again soon.
Thanks for sharing , this gives me hope!

I have a Houdans and polish mix hen. She’s over a year and I have had her penned with a totally black rooster (can’t remember the breed starts with A). Anyways I’m praying she goes broody, my plan is to save 12 eggs and then put them in her nest (in a small run and small nest box) my questions is I was this will work that a stack of eggs should help her. What do you all think? Will this work? I also have a lavender and buff Orpington I hope go broody and soon.

I have a Houdans and polish mix hen. She’s over a year and I have had her penned with a totally black rooster (can’t remember the breed starts with A). Anyways I’m praying she goes broody, my plan is to save 12 eggs and then put them in her nest (in a small run and small nest box) my questions is I was this will work that a stack of eggs should help her. What do you all think? Will this work? I also have a lavender and buff Orpington I hope go broody and soon.
You might be better off investing in an incubator.

Back
Top Bottom