How can these be the same people, 4 weeks later?

Rachel'sFlock

Songster
9 Years
May 21, 2010
Otis, Oregon ~ Chicken People Since 5/10
May 15

June 11
58241_better_chooks_on_grass_vid_n_pics_021.jpg
[/url]

I know...I'm a little slow...but WOW!
Converting feed and dandelions and apples into mass faster than I can possibly grasp!
Finishing the Chickenarium this weekend, so they can go live outside. Somehow, I just thought we had more time!
ep.gif

Bright Blessings

big_smile.png
they do grow fast, I think because you go to the feed store and see baby chicks then come back 2 weeks later and they are still tiny we think they don't grow that fast. I have little ones my hen hatched and they seem to be smaller then the ones we ordered from the hatchery, maybe it is because she is so big . they sure are pretty.What kind are they?

They are Black Australorps, Snowflake (looooove the name, btw! I am a Winter Child snow lover!)
You may be on to something with that observation. We had a hatchery when I was a kid, and I remember them when they were small, hatching, and then, later, when I was in charge of cleaning up after them. But not much real experience seeing them grow up.
Thank you for the lovely compliment. I am positively smitten with my little black chooks!
Have been delighted to see the legendary irridescence of their feathers already coming out!

Bright Blessings

Back
Top Bottom