How can you regulate humidity in bator without monitor

poulet

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
I have eggs due to hatch very soon, I only have a still air bator with no humidity monitor just a tray for water. Shall I just put some damp cloths in and hope for the best ?
Does anyone have any insight on this ?

I would try to get one, but if you can't then yes fill the trays. Where I live, I have the whole bator floor covered with damp socks and sponges and can barely keep the humidity up. Good luck!
smile.png

if you have a hovabator than it should have come with instructions. do what they say when it comes to filling the trays. for the last three days just give it a goood bit of water and your peeps should be fine. good luck.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

It is a covina but don't know if you know that mark I live in France . There is no instructions on the water trays for the last few days the climate here is a bit warmer than England and the bator is in the house so should I just put more water in and do I block the holes at the top ?

Quote:
Bienvenue
smile.png

I am English, though I live in Oklahoma. Many of my family live in France.

Leave at least one of the holes open, fill any water trays and open a second hole if you get condensation inside.

Quote:
I had no idea Twigg~do you have an accent then?

I can't hear it but.... my wife tells me that I have this ability to be extremely rude to people, and they thank me
smile.png
She puts it entirely down to the accent, and I do try not to be rude.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom