How can you tell what color?

I-Have-Happy-Hens

Songster
9 Years
Jun 16, 2010
Carrboro, NC
Hi
I will be getting 10 BLRW chicks in the spring from Foleys and I will choose 2 out of the 10 and I have a friend who will get the other 8 and would like to know if/how to tell what color they will be when older.
I want 1 to be a BLRW and the other to be a splash BLRW can you tell the color difference when there day old pics would help alot but Its ok if you do not have any.

Happy-Hens

Last edited:
I have asked this question earlier and never really got a for sure answer but here is what I think: I think these are signs of B/B/S Left would be a blue (sometimes they are all blue at hatch) middle will be black and right one will be splash...so far as they are growing this holds true
big_smile.png
Mine are just a little over a month now though so that can change I suppose. ETA: I also have Foley line
big_smile.png

9192_100_9114.jpg

Last edited:
Ok got it for you. Same birds and in the same order (that was difficult LOL) They are not quite a month old yet...thought they were older then they are! So prob more like 3 weeks.

9192_100_9190.jpg

Last edited:
I have also had them hatch out all blue and this is what they are turning into. Only a few of those though. I had 75 eggs in BLRW so I ended up with a little over 30 chicks from that batch. I'm assuming this one is a blue for sure.

9192_100_9188.jpg

Back
Top Bottom