How cold is to cold?

Kel60

Songster
Nov 9, 2020
I'm a worrier.

You may remember my panicking feather brats. Who decided they were going outside early or comiting fluffy suicide.

What kinda temperatures do your quail endure? What systems do you use to keep them warm over a hard winter?

I'm a worrier.

You may remember my panicking feather brats. Who decided they were going outside early or comiting fluffy suicide.

What kinda temperatures do your quail endure? What systems do you use to keep them warm over a hard winter?
Quail can live in pretty cold temps as long as they have a place to retrieve to such as a covered box or something.

they've got a heated coup to retreat to, and their pen in nearly a foot deep with straw most places, they love tunneling through it and leaping into piles like over excited puppies. most of the fenced part of the coup is covered in clear plastic, sides and roof. makes a nice green house effect when the suns out.

logically i know their ok. but i cant help but worry when it gets cold enough that even the coup is struggling to maintain 45 degrees like it did last night. little beasts.

20201123_105859.jpg
20201123_105832.jpg
20201123_105829.jpg
20201123_105810.jpg

Back
Top Bottom