How cold is to cold

Quote:
I understand that, but i don't want to waste more eggs than i need to.

I have another question:
Do different chicken breeds mate?
I have 4 Rhode Island Reds, 2 White longhorns, 1 polish rooster, 1 polish hen, 1 Americana hen and 1 americana rooster.

These breeds would make great fun in the offspring.
Any worries?

What ever you get will certainly be a surprise.
jumpy.gif
ep.gif
idunno.gif
hu.gif

I think you will have mystery chicks with a Polish rooster and a Americana rooster. Especially the Polish rooster. It will be interesting to see what you get. I like experimenting. (from Forest Gump, "life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get")

Quote:
yes it doesn't matter Any Rooster can breed with any hen. They might have a few problems if the size difference is Major but yes Any Rooster can fertilize any Hen, breed doesn't matter as long as their both Chickens.
smile.png

Quote:

I have another question:
I have 4 Rhode Island Reds, 2 White longhorns, 1 polish rooster, 1 polish hen, 1 Americana hen and 1 americana rooster.

Any worries?

Wow! It will certainly be interesting, because yes, they do cross breed. A friend of mine is trying to find a home for a rooster who is half silkie and half RIR. He's pretty, but unusual looking to say the least. Can you tell which of your roosters is the alpha? You might be able to make some educated guesses about what your chicks will look like based on his breed combined with your hens.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I think with refrigerated chicken eggs hatching the hatch rate does go down. It doesn't see to make a difference in hatching turkeys.

Quote:

I have another question:

Any worries?

Wow! It will certainly be interesting, because yes, they do cross breed. A friend of mine is trying to find a home for a rooster who is half silkie and half RIR. He's pretty, but unusual looking to say the least. Can you tell which of your roosters is the alpha? You might be able to make some educated guesses about what your chicks will look like based on his breed combined with your hens.

Good luck!

The Polish rooster is the dominant I think. I've seen him chase the other rooster a couple times.
Will only the dominant one mate?

Quote:
yes it doesn't matter Any Rooster can breed with any hen. They might have a few problems if the size difference is Major but yes Any Rooster can fertilize any Hen, breed doesn't matter as long as their both Chickens.
smile.png

Thanks Stormylady.

Back
Top Bottom