How Common Are Khaki Malays?

@NatJ, do you have an opinion on this Malays coloration? Trying to get an answer.

He's off to be lavender, & abit more silvery then blue, he doesn't have any splashing, so not a splash.

I don't know enough about splash to be sure-- does it always have the darker splashes in it? Because two copies of the blue gene (=splash) would make sense, given the light shade and since you know the seller has some blues in the flock.

I don't know anything specific about Malays, and I am not very good at identifying dilution genes because I usually prefer to deal with the brighter, not-diluted colors.

I don't know enough about splash to be sure-- does it always have the darker splashes in it? Because two copies of the blue gene (=splash) would make sense, given the light shade and since you know the seller has some blues in the flock.

I don't know anything specific about Malays, and I am not very good at identifying dilution genes because I usually prefer to deal with the brighter, not-diluted colors.
He has dark red saddles, so not everything is diluted.
All of the splashes I've seen have black, & blue splotches, he has none.

He has dark red saddles, so not everything is diluted.
That does limit the options, since it's only diluting black.

All of the splashes I've seen have black, & blue splotches, he has none.
When I see pictures of splash laced red, I do not notice dark splotches on them.
So that's why I wondered.

Splash might behave differently when there is a pattern, or there might be some modifier genes that we don't know about.

Or maybe he is not Splash, and I'm just making crazy guesses :D

That does limit the options, since it's only diluting black.

When I see pictures of splash laced red, I do not notice dark splotches on them.
So that's why I wondered.

Splash might behave differently when there is a pattern, or there might be some modifier genes that we don't know about.

Or maybe he is not Splash, and I'm just making crazy guesses :D
Look at Splash Wheaten? There's Black, or white splashes in blue tails, occasional splashes in the breasts.

He's a Wheaten Based bird.

Back
Top Bottom