how could she have broken her neck???

oh, sorry, I just found the area on your website to treat my chick! I'm going to try it. I hope I can save her. I will get meds/supplies tomorrow. I've given her water by a syringe and will give her a mashy paste through the syringe. I have her lying on a squish pillow but she won't stay there. I'm going to try to keep her on it because she can't hold her head up at ALL when she tries to stand.

Thank you SO MUCH!

Quote:
It's true. The knob that you see on the top of Silkies and Polish heads is actually their brains protruding through a hole in their skull. There is only a layer of skin protecting it. All it takes is a peck on the top of the head or a fall and it's instant brain damage. Some do recover fully though.

madness.so glad i saw this thread.just hope the posters chicken will be ok,x

Quote:
that's really sad. I'm sorry you experienced this.

My OLD hen barely moves these days and she never picks on the chicks. The bantam rooster only goes after the baby rooster, also about 4 months old, that I've seen so far.

I honestly don't know if it ccan be wry neck. It seems that the neck is broken right where it attaches to the head. Totally flops there,

My husband just checked the cage he built for them and there is an area the head could have gotten caught. I was very upset to hear this and never saw it, but she was standing there, no head caught, no black feathers in the area. I don't know what to think.

I'm sorry, someone please answer this. IF this were your chick and you found she was totally fine this morning when you put her out, your kids saw her during the day and she was fine, and then you found her with a neck not crooked but totally falling to the side, unable to support her head in ANY way at all, like it were hanging by a thread. would you think crooked/wry neck? I'm not sure I should treat her for that. I will buy vitamins but her head is a TOTAL flop like her neck is completely severed. I just don't know what to do.

off to read some more.....

Quote:
im new to chickens,so no expert,sorry for butting in on your thread.
is it hot where you are??could she maybe of had some type of stroke,or it could be a major nurological problem.hope you find answers soon,x

I hope you can do something for her.
<3
Poor lady....
sad.png

I don't think any of us think we'll get as attached as we do.
Keeping chickens can be very heartbreaking...we all know this now.
Better to have loved though I suppose...they sure make great friends.

Back
Top Bottom