How did she come out like this? A chicken genetic expert needed.

pgpoultry

Songster
10 Years
Oct 16, 2009
Wales
Sugar looks adorable, but I have a chicken who defies definition, too. I would have thought she has a genetic defect, maybe from breeding too closely. Hopefully her other systems work fine, though it sounds like she won't be an egg layer. As long as there is no suffering, then why not have a 'different' bird. Good for you....and always will be a talking point.

Here's my own little mystery...Moel, aged just under 20 weeks....yes you read that right!

IMG_6023.jpg

Beak, feet, eyes, comb, everything else OK....but what ever happened to her feathers???

She seems otherwise normal, so she's staying. Should be a Blue Partridge Brahma.....not inbred.....parents normal....but head and neck....Blue Partridge Brahma...body Wonky Silkie (no Silkie ever been within miles of our place and bred from out own birds).

Vive la difference!

stormylady

Songster
11 Years
Dec 27, 2008
Illinois
Awww I feel bad for her, but very happy that she has you to care for her! Every body needs someone to love them! Ive found that the chicks that need us the most have the sweetest personalities.

gumbii

Songster
9 Years
Oct 7, 2010
bell gardens, ca
she was probably hatched in an eclipse...

j/k...

that's great that you love her.. poor thing... i knew she wouldn't make normal chicken noises...

hahaha... reminds me of the birds that marvin the martian grows out of little pills... HAJK:LSJKL:J:KFDjlfdjsafdsahahhahaha...

marvin_martians_instant.jpg

Top Bottom