How did she manage this?! (Baby guinea pigs)

Nope because there wouldn’t have been enough time. I have never heard of them starting at 3 weeks, their not even weaned at that age! :th

"Given the early ages at which some males and females are sexually mature (females have reportedly been impregnated by 24 day old males), it is advised to remove the male young by 3 weeks at the latest. The earliest dates of sexual maturity are reported by V.C.G. Richardson in the 2000 edition of "Diseases of Domestic Guinea Pigs" on page 15:
  • Sexual maturity (female): 4-6 weeks
  • Sexual maturity (male): 3-5 weeks
While not all males may be fertile this early, the safest action is to separate the males from females by 3 weeks of age."

Source: Guinea Lynx

Here's a guide on when to seperate the piglets. :)

"Given the early ages at which some males and females are sexually mature (females have reportedly been impregnated by 24 day old males), it is advised to remove the male young by 3 weeks at the latest. The earliest dates of sexual maturity are reported by V.C.G. Richardson in the 2000 edition of "Diseases of Domestic Guinea Pigs" on page 15:
  • Sexual maturity (female): 4-6 weeks
  • Sexual maturity (male): 3-5 weeks
While not all males may be fertile this early, the safest action is to separate the males from females by 3 weeks of age."

Source: Guinea Lynx

Here's a guide on when to seperate the piglets. :)
I will stick with my own information, which I have gotten from breeders. From my experience 3 weeks is too young to remove a guinea pig. Guinea pigs from laboratories will probably mature a lot faster then others

I will stick with my own information, which I have gotten from breeders. From my experience 3 weeks is too young to remove a guinea pig. Guinea pigs from laboratories will probably mature a lot faster then others

Just be careful as one can get easily overwhelmed by separating the boars too late.

Back
Top Bottom