How did this happen?

BamaChicken

Orpingtons Bama Style
12 Years
Nov 14, 2007
Last nite another conehead hatched. It still hasn't completely fluffed out. I have created a partridge. I have a pen of silkies that I am not selling eggs from. I had a buff splash in with a splash for a while till I was ready to move in with buff cockeral who as of now I can't tell is doing any servicing. Also I had two buff silkies in with splash roo. I think this must be from the buff splash hen. Anybody need a partidge?
005-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

Cute! I've got some silkie eggs in my incubator now. I've never had them and I used to think they were pretty ugly, but now I think they're pretty cute.
smile.png
These eggs were in the mail for 8 days, but a couple of nights ago when I candled some of them, it looked some of them were actually growing.

Julie, I don't know the genetics of Partridge but with my first order of Silkie Eggs, I got them from a mixed flock and the majority hatched partridge. Many had black heads with the flecked body. I know there were black and buff in the flock and others from the mixed colored flock. Maybe they are really just Smut colored, LOL, I dont' know but the blend in some was very pretty.

Thanks Skeeter. Katy I bet you have some hatches. Eggs can be up to 14 days and still viable although it goes down the older they get from what I understand.
It does look like it used Dippity Do. I will take a pic later tonite and let you see how pretty it has fluff up.

Back
Top Bottom