How did you come up with your screen name?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Freebie, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    Just a way for all of us to get to know each other a little better.

My friend Mary, (you all know her as Hotwings) found this site and wanted to use the name Henrietta. of course that was taken. So, I told her to try Freebie, (thats the name of one of my barn cats) She did not like that name, So I told her to use Hotwings(that is the name of my other barn cat) So she did, and when I signed up I used Freebie, because I think that name is so cool.

So whats the story behind your name?
    (Sorry Hotwings, I guess I told your story too)

2. fosterchick

fosterchick Chillin' With My Peeps

two things I do in life (besides work) is raising foster children and my chickens. We have even adopted children and peoples left over chickens.

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

My name....I have had for years online... JUST US N AK ( just us in Alaska) When DH ( and I and the kids) was staitioned in Anchorage, USAF we came up with this name.

4. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I simply go by the name of our rooster, who is spoiled to death, and all the hens love him!

bigzio

5. MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Honestly I'm just a big, patchworked, barefoot, long haired bandana-wearing hippie girl. (tee hee)
    Also I'm a cheeseball, my husband and I call each other "Mama and Papa" like we are Little House on the Prairie characters or something.

Whenever we have to use usernames for stuff I am tribalmoongoddess or plain moongoddess and he is tribalsungod.

As I said....cheeseballs.

Feel free to hurl now.

My real name is Jennifer. You can call me that...or Jenn...or moonie. Whateva. But as my grandpa always said, "Just don't call me late for dinner!"

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  6. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    Picco is what I call my rooster Piccolino... it means tiny in Italian. He was shown at a show as a pullet by his previous owner but later "turned" into a roo. I originally wanted a banty hen to name Piccolina, but I had to drop the a and add an o when "she" started to crow [​IMG]

7. maggiePI

maggiePI Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2007
    S. Oregon
    Great fun reading all these..my name came from my banty hen Maggie who I used to call Maggie P.I. after Magnum P.I. She was the light of my life and it is my tribute to her delightfulness. My name is Suzanna or Suz or Suzy - as above - just don't call me late for dinner! :)

8. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I'm sure everyone can figure out my screen name! [​IMG]

9. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Love this thread! Great Idea!

Well.. my name is probably pretty obvious to... and helped by the fact that I'm only 5' tall... have 2 kids, and lots of 4 footed 'kids' here.
    Dh is the only one who could be Gulliver (he's 6'2")!! I had to wear 5" heels to our wedding so our heights wouldn't be quite so different.

-Meghan [​IMG]

10. SunChick

SunChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    I'm in FL of course and female! hence SunChick!
    name is Heather, could have gone for lobster chick as I can burn real easy here! [​IMG]

and my Slogan [​IMG] : Chicks fly Too, I have my private pilot's license.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by