How did you find BYC and what.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Omran, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Omran

Omran Songster

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    what was your first thread about? I think it is funny, I found BYC only after I done build my first coop and got my first flock, and may be I was playing online just searching about chickens or something in this field [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Now I became an addicted to BYC, I think it is bad when an old man like me sit on internet and look at chickens everyday, I think I will wast the 50% of my comming life on chickens [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap

I found BYC searching for how to take care of chickens AFTER we bought some. I am not sure my first thread, but the most memorable newbie thread I posted had to be: What kind of bird is this? It is black. No pic included with that!!! [​IMG]

3. Paganbird

Paganbird CrescentWood Farm

Apr 25, 2009
    Western Pa
    I found BYC after our only rooster was killed by a raccoon. I was trying to find info on hatching chicks.
    We had bought an incubator and put 5 eggs from our chickens in it. I had no idea if they were fertile, how to candle, etc.
    I knew about laying hens, but NOTHING about hatching. So I found BYC, got the info I needed, and became addicted.
    1st post was something like: Egg pipped 6 hours ago... how much longer?

4. MariposaMama

MariposaMama Songster

Aug 31, 2008
    Mariposa, CA
    Like debiraymond, I found BYC after I got my first chicks and wanted to know everything there was to know about raising chickens. I'm not sure, but I think my first thread was a "Do you think this is a roo?" thread. [​IMG]

I do remember snickering at all the people hatching their own eggs thinking I'd never do that. Well, guess what? I'm currently spending time going back and forth from the calendar to the bator wondering why three weeks is such a loooong time. [​IMG]

5. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Songster

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    I think I found ezBYC through a google search back in like April 2004. I have NO idea what my first post was about LOL

6. ChOOkens

ChOOkens ►ChOOken In A Box◄

Jun 1, 2009
    Australia
    I found BYC searching on how to look after chickens. Leading up to the event I started going on more and more and 10 weeks after I got my chickens I am now registered. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My first thread was about me, introducing myself. [​IMG]

7. giasmom

giasmom Songster

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    I posted an ad on Craigslist looking for pine shavings. I had just finished the floor on our coop and wanted to be prepared when I got my chickens. Anyway a BYCer answered my ad & turned me on to this site. It was Chickadeedle. I will be forever be in debt to her !

8. DarkUnicorn

DarkUnicorn Songster

May 12, 2008
    Walden, NY
    I was searching the web after boys of my boys looked at me and asked if they could raise chickens [​IMG].

Well..... I spend more time with the flock than my boys do..... [​IMG]

I found BYC and stuck around.

9. Equus5O

Equus5O Songster

When I started seriously considering chickens, I googled "raising chickens."

And here I is ...

10. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    I was going to get some chickens from my cousin, and wanted info on building a coop & run, raising chickens, etc., etc., etc. Did a Google search on "chickens", and here I am.

My first thread... Hmmm. I think it was asking about coop size in relation to the number of birds.

My first post - No idea. Something inane, I'm sure.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: