How do I actaully sell eggs on here?

pringle

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Pepperell,MA
OK im sorry if this is in the wrong section but I thought this would be the best section.Next year im getting jumbo coturnix and I want to sell there eggs.Im only in my young teens so I have no idea how to just ship em and things.My mom will obviously help but she doesnt know how things work out either.If someone can direct me to somthing like this that would help Id really appreciate it.Or if someone will take the time to ansewer ill also really appreciate it too.Thx

No one?
sad.png

Im not going to be shipping live birds,mainly coturnix eggs.So how do I find out the info on shipping them, any websites?Oh and also do you need special boxes for shipping eggs?Were do you get them?Sorry for asking so many questions but ive never done this but Id like to raise some extra money.

o.k. yes and yes. Go to the united states postal service website have your mom help you and there are different choices you can make. The best shipping for eggs is priority mail in the box a little larger than a shoe box. What you would do is enter in your zip code for the from then you enter in the to zip code and it gives you a price. You wilkl need to have mom set up a paypal accpunt if she can and that is self explanatory on www.paypal.com. Then you just calculate the shipping add your cost and wahlah send you payment address to the buyer and there ya go. Now on packaging there is a thread on here somewhere that explains one method. but you have to wrap in bubble wrap then again and again and put in egg cartons with the large side up. You would line a box with foam or packaging materials of somekind then insert your carton and cushion all around. you then mark your box which end up with arrows and mark eggs etc etc. some people use foam some use bubble wrap I even had one lady ship to me with tiny styrofoam pieces boy that was a mess. Hope that gives you a start.

easy breezy, lemon squeezy.

you can order the trays from one of our sponsors, that will help you ship them.eggcartons.com

ship them safely and wrap them. it's not hard at all. just wrap them in a safe method. send them Priority Mail so they are sent freshly.

list them under the correct section. (this is the correct section)
please read the sticky note in this section. it will direct you with the correct directions on how to list it. with your area, your item for sale and how much you are asking.

here is an example:

FS 12 Coturnix Quail Eggs/AL/ $18 includes Priority w/Conf.

then a listing on the page....

maybe something like this:

My Coturnix are laying like crazy and I have plenty to go round!
Fertility is excellent and my packaging is good.

I cannot guarantee eggs once they leave my hands but they will be sent Priority with Confirmation for $18.

Payment options I accept are Paypal and MO.

Then some pictures would be VERY helpful.

these are just some examples. of course you will need your own personal touches. the format is good for sales though. Easy to navigate and right to the point. feel free to steal it!

absolutely use pictures of your birds, eggs and of the packing methods you use. It will help people choose if this is a product they want.

use pm's to communicate as much as possible after posting the sale. It will keep your thread clean.

make sure to make clear what payment methods you accept. I recommend Paypal. it is the easiest method. MO's are great too, but make sure you get the MO FIRST, then send the eggs.

using the USPS Priority Mail boxes is the easiest. quail are very inexpensive to send. do not use the boxes that are already priced for quail. they are too expensive. use the boxes that you will weigh and then pay.

Lol thx so much!!!I actually get it now!I just have 1 question tho what size box should I get if im shiping say...2 dozen eggs?

Quote:
it will depend on how you wrap them!

you wont need a very big box at all, they're quail eggs! it wont cost you much more than $4 to mail them. go to the PO and look at the boxes. then get a bunch. try a few packing methods and see what you like the most. or see if you can get boxes from another source for free.

you never know!

So the post office sells boxes?How much are they for the ones that are good for shipping quail eggs?

Back
Top Bottom