How do I attach hardware cloth to dog run panels?

Perhaps @aart Can help

Do they last ok? I’ve read that some are UV resistant.

I used 4" zipties to attach HC to 2x4ww...they've held up fine for 3-4 years now. A few might have broken, but my HC is inside the ww so don't have to hold up to preds yanking on them.
Not sure I used UV resistant, don't think so, but that would be a good idea.

Do they last ok? I’ve read that some are UV resistant.

Pandit, Thomas and Betts etc make a "dome top" style, they have a stainless steel wire that runs through the plastic, most have a higher tensile rating and are UV resistant. (I sell industrial supplies and these are by far the highest performing) would recommend going through some type of industrial supply where you can get a "generic brand" of this style for less $ (grainger, fastenal, msc) amazon or local hardware store will have the name brand though.

I have seen when someone had fastened hardware cloth on the outside of the fencing for predator contol, instead of burying the lower extension part of the hardware cloth, they set cement blocks on top the hardware cloth. Then the person planted flowers inside of the cement block holes. I have not taken the time to do it around my chicken run. But the pictures of that person's chcken run setup were cute.

I have seen when someone had fastened hardware cloth on the outside of the fencing for predator contol, instead of burying the lower extension part of the hardware cloth, they set cement blocks on top the hardware cloth. Then the person planted flowers inside of the cement block holes. I have not taken the time to do it around my chicken run. But the pictures of that person's chcken run setup were cute.
Only problem I with putting bricks or rocks or other item on the hardware cloth apron is that bad critters will dig in the closest edge to the fence wall. The apron should be about 2ft wide so the brick/block/rock will take up a significant portion of that making the critter start digging further away from the fence wall, possibly findi g the edge of the apron and digging under the apron.

Back
Top Bottom