How do I built a pvc, nipples waterer.

dolfi

Songster
6 Years
Apr 23, 2013
kissimmee, florida
Thank you in advance for trying to help me on this. I have tried to build my coops with the automatic nipples waterer but been unsuccessful. The pressure is off.too hard or not reaching the tops.
it comes in through here.
goes up like this.
comes out on top here.
and finish here.
So it starts on the bottom side and finish on the top.

My problem is that I used the wrong drill bit and they are leaking. No more (money so I can't do it over) have to fix. Next problem is the pressure of the water. Any one knows what can I do without spending more money?

No expert here, but I think they make nipples made for high pressure. It looks like you are using the gravity pressure type. I am sure someone will come along with a good solution for you.

It does work with the leaks yet doesn't reach the top and with more pressure it reaches but the bottom becomes too much for the other chickens.

It's going to be tough without spending more. You could attempt to pvc cement the nipples in. But I don't think they would operate correctly under high pressure. You could also mount a bucket or barrel up higher than your tallest nipple. Put a $7 toilet tank fill valve in it. Your main line goes into the bucket to fill then auto shuts off. It will then essentially gravity feed to the nipples from there. Just some thoughts

I think it will work if you cap off where you have the water coming in from the bottom and have it come in from the high side instead. You can always try it at the bottom first then re plumb if necessary. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom