How do i choose my breeders?

i pick all my birds by strong healthy personalities. when i raise my wilds i can tell cock from hen visually. so i have the batch together with say 30 birds in a large pen. i choose the strong healthy fighting males who look dominate. no feathers missing. no over bite beak...the biggest and strongest.( not just for meat, survival of the fittest... it work for egg layers, meat production birds and whatever else. the best lloking is usually the best choice.) i want my texas A+Ms for either ALL WHITE birds or keep the strong patterned(heads to back) A+Ms to possibly create a texas TUX bird. without the tibett phase mixed. a wild patteren tuxedo is what im after not a tibbettan tuxedo...if that makes sense to any of you quail breeders.

Quote:
X2

Solid White, no brown spots is our project too.

67513_p1030214.jpg

good luck.

Quote:
Whats the hold up Kid, you still keep'in that dam rabbit in your quail pen? lets fry that dude up with taters and maters. I'll send ya some jumbo brown eggs fer yer bator, to get ya started!!! Bill

Quote:
Whats the hold up Kid, you still keep'in that dam rabbit in your quail pen? lets fry that dude up with taters and maters. I'll send ya some jumbo brown eggs fer yer bator, to get ya started!!! Bill

haha that rabbit is going into a smaller pen and the quail are getting the big pen and my mom keeps putting it off saying after vacation grr i dont want to go so i can get these guys sooner lol I keep telling my mom to leave me with some money for takeout every night
gig.gif

Quote:

haha that rabbit is going into a smaller pen and the quail are getting the big pen and my mom keeps putting it off saying after vacation grr i dont want to go so i can get these guys sooner lol I keep telling my mom to leave me with some money for takeout every night
gig.gif

if she would let you have quail, you could eat in...

I like the idea, I volunteer, as well, to send eggs your way, when you are ready. good call Bill

Quote:
My girls have stepped up and are lay'in like a $2.00 ...... er....rug.... I like to "pay-it-forward" when I can... Plus I dont plan on hatch'in corts for a while as my bators are full of chukars now. Till I see how that hatch goes, Im not sure where my pen space is...I have pickled a honk'in truck load of eggs. Gave eggs away, fresh and pickled... hatched a few. And still get 9 perfect large eggs daily. Any other newbies need a good start of jumbo browns? I'll hook ya up with a couple dozen just for the ask'in. Bill

Back
Top Bottom