How Do I do this??

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by guin lover, Dec 3, 2009.

1. guin lover

guin lover Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2009
    How Do i Slaughter m OEG Roo? I Have to Get rid of him, and no one wants him, so i have to... you know..... how do i go about doing this? i've grown really attatched to him. any help appreciated.

2. Daisygirl

Daisygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    New Zealand
    Well, I could give you a thread that shows how to butcher a roo, but I don't think it's what you want in this case.

I'd just start detaching myself from the roo; spend less time with him, distract yourself with other things and mabe in about two weeks think about it again.

On the other hand, you could get someone else to slaughter him. Check for people in your area, or get a relative that can do it. Dont think about the roo.

Or mabe just do it. Get over the relationship, and get it over with quickly.

Mabe you could try an online site such as craiglist, or advertize in the local paper, or give him to an animal society

I have no idea what I'd do in your situation...
    I wish you the best of luck;
    Daisy

(edited to add) check out the meat birds section; I'd imagine they'd have some more ideas on how to do this...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  3. Fuffy

Fuffy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Jersey, GB
    May not be the NICEST thing, but our local zoo can help here:-

They will come out and dispatch the bird quickly and humanely and then take it away to feed to the animals.
    Somehow, to me, it seems like a little less of a waste [​IMG]

4. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Quote:That might be a option [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by