How do I get another pigeon?

Oh, I meant to ask, do you have a loft for her? If you do and you buy a homer from another breeder, don't let the new one out, at least not until it has settled and raised a clutch or two in your loft at the least. Maybe not even then, because homers, as the name would imply, home, haha. He'll go back to the loft of his breeder if you let him out.

In terms of finding out if your stray is male or female, pick her up, turn her on her back, and run your finger down her belly and between her legs, near her vent area. There are bones there. In males the bones are close together. In females, you can get the tip of your finger between them, because they have to let an egg pass. Usually this is accurate.

Also, behavior. Males display and puff up and bow and coo a lot for the ladies.

Oh, I meant to ask, do you have a loft for her? If you do and you buy a homer from another breeder, don't let the new one out, at least not until it has settled and raised a clutch or two in your loft at the least. Maybe not even then, because homers, as the name would imply, home, haha. He'll go back to the loft of his breeder if you let him out.

In terms of finding out if your stray is male or female, pick her up, turn her on her back, and run your finger down her belly and between her legs, near her vent area. There are bones there. In males the bones are close together. In females, you can get the tip of your finger between them, because they have to let an egg pass. Usually this is accurate.

No. I wish I did. She won’t let me touch her :( she will only let me be next to her. She is staying in the rafters of our unfinished house in the upstairs porch. She only recently started even coming down. Now she is miss independent and I guess trying to find a better spot.

Doesn't the size of the bump above their beak sex them too? Or is that just in budgies?

I’m starting to think my little stray pigeon needs a friend. How exactly do I get another pigeon? I realize they are all over the city... but I don’t think I have the skills to walk up and grab one. I live outside of Savannah... any ideas? I think my little one is a girl.... she is very dainty. She had been cooing a lot lately. She seems a little unsettled and keeps trying to get into a shed that we keep closed...
Savannah TN? I'm just south of Nashville. Come on down and ill get you a bird or ten!
I used to be a pro doves breeder once a go
This breed wasn't to be owned as a pet its agressive
You better get better breed .
wow! Very cool! Thankfully, this isn't a dove. And thankfully, they aren't aggressive.
Doesn't the size of the bump above their beak sex them too? Or is that just in budgies?
no, not on pigeons. :(

Back
Top Bottom