How do I get blinders with pins of please help ??????????

Labarrie

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2015
Canada
So about two weeks ago I got seven I.s.a. brown hens and they came with blinders with pins and all the people are saying oh so that hard to get out but I have not found anything on the Internet about how to get them off

Please help I what my chickins to be natural !!!!!!!! :bow

Those are pinless peepers, meant to stop bad behaviors such as bullying, picking feathers, etc. They don't hurt them. I put them on my new girl who was quite the bully for about 2 weeks to break her of the bad habit, then removed them. You can remove them with a set of snap-ring pliers from your local tool store. Not too hard if you have 2 people to do it.

Hey, sorry for the delay in response. Did you get them off? Using two people, one holds the hen firmly so they don't shake their heads, the second needs to place each pointed end of the snap pliers on the inside of the peepers near their nostrils (where the little pins go into their nose hose). Spread the pliers, which should spread the peepers and remove them from the nostril hole. Sorry that doesn't sound very descriptive, but all you are doing is spreading the peepers enough to get the pins out of the nostrils... that's what holds them on the bird. Hope that helps?

I got the peepers out the other day I went to my local Feed shop and he showed me it turns out they were pinned keepers it went right through the cartilage and through the nostrils and everything we cut warm and off and then pulled it through and they just popped right off

Ya once we got them off The first they fought and got a new pecking order. And then after that they would run in Jump it was soooo cute I love them

Thank you for helping

Back
Top Bottom