How do I get chicken poop out of laundry?

PS: Our Buffy sleeps in a cat bed (which also washes wonderfully even when she lays in it and the egg dries (soft shell that breaks) However we get these cloths at the dollar store that we put in the bed which makes it super fluffy. They are in the aisle with the auto supplies.They are white. They also wash
Buffy in bed 1 (2).jpg
perfectly, but heck, for a dollar they can be disposable if needed.

Hello and very belated welcome to BYC! :frow
Poor thing!
Has she been seen by a vet?
Chicken poop is like concrete.
[/QUOT
Yes, she’s been seen by a vet. It is really hard to find a chicken vet in our area, and avian vets won’t see her. But the wildlife rescue vet had a look. If she’d been younger, we probably could have done more for her. My objective now is to keep her clean, well-nourished, and entertained. She is in the middle of our open floor plan kitchen/den and there are lots of other animals around, so there’s usually plenty going on. Every morning I let in my Brahma rooster and he flirts with her for an hour or so until I put him back out. She gets frequent baths and applications of coconut or emu oil afterward, and sits on someone’s lap in the evening when we’re watching TV. It’s not the most interesting or exciting life a chicken’s ever had, but it could be worse.

You should construct some kind of walker or wheelchair if she has the ability to scoot :)
https://www.google.com/search?q=wal...69i57j0i333.4894j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Some looked downright easy to do if you can find your way around the home depot :thumbsup

As for the poo.... try the puppy pads. See if that helps!
Thanks for the links! I bought a doll walker awhile back to make her something she could scoot around in, but I could never get it stable enough for her and was also worried it put too much pressure on her crop and too few areas underneath her. The last thing she needs is pressure sores. But I probably need to revisit the idea and maybe enlist someone handier than I am.

After coming across an article on hacking a Roomba, I toyed with the idea of making her an “electric wheelchair”, maybe even with a simple control she could be trained to use. I wrote to a school in India that was working on doing something very similar, but never heard back☺️

PS: Our Buffy sleeps in a cat bed (which also washes wonderfully even when she lays in it and the egg dries (soft shell that breaks) However we get these cloths at the dollar store that we put in the bed which makes it super fluffy. They are in the aisle with the auto supplies.They are white. They also wash View attachment 2469396perfectly, but heck, for a dollar they can be disposable if needed.
I’ll definitely check out the fluffy cloths - thanks!

Last edited:
I don't know if it will help in the case of laundry, but I use Naturepet bird cage cleaner for everything regarding birds. For years I hurt my hands trying to scrub bird poop off of stuff, got this spray and I swear I would use it for literally everything if it wasn't so expensive. It takes bird poop off like acid. It's incredible. Even if it's been dry for some time, spray it once, leave it a second and wipe it and bam it's gone. Not advertising I just love this stuff 😂. I use it to clean nest boxes too.

Back
Top Bottom