How do i get my chickens to like me

Jun 9, 2017
Treats and time.
Sit on the ground and offer a few treats from your hand.
Let them get used to you.

Treats and time.
Sit on the ground and offer a few treats from your hand.
Let them get used to you.

I have tried that and they come up but I've been doing it since i put them in the coop which was probably when they were about two months. Is it a time consuming thing?

Looks like they are still young. I glanced at your other thread.
Just wait.
Bring treats every day..try shaking the same can/container then offering them treats from it. (meal worms are great)..they will get used to that can and noise and learn to come to you when you shake it.

well i've been giving them collard greens and this thing called dollar weed but that doesn't come in a can. Should i try giving them treats that come in a can. If so what are some good options.

Sorry...I should have been more clear...mealworms placed in a can, shaken around....makes noise that they will learn to recognize.
Greens won't make much noise if placed in a can.
You could try some dried oats.

Read the link in my signature about proper feeding...you wouldn't want to offer too much treats.

I don't know of any chicken treats that come in a can..I just used to put some in a can to shake to train mine when they were young.

Ok i also sometimes feed them cheerios. There food that i feed them (not the treats) is chick starter pellets. Is ok if i use those or is it not good to use there actual food as a treat.

Not something I would feed but..place them in a can and shake it...let them get use to the sound.

Back
Top Bottom